Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Like Mama, Like Daughtah

As the saying goes "Mother Like Daughter"... doesn't really apply for the dynamic Kornhauser duo. Mother Lisa goes for structured, thick tank dresses in solids paired with slick black patent pumps. Imagine THE Jackie Kennedy Onassis graceful as can be at some sort of White House ceremony. Moi takes her mother's classic aura with some studded nothings and parisian phloof. Think J. Crew 2010 catalogue (enough said). We take creative ques from each other... it's more of a give and take relationship. Literally.

Sometimes, I'll take a casual stroll through my mama's walk-in closet and fancy my craving eyes on the black pair of vintage YSL pumps or the Miu Miu extra larger cream hobo tote adopted from its motherland, Italia.
...La borsa molto bello!

Even her "Tar-jay" (Target for the ill- fashion vocabularied... if that's even a word....) jewelry makes me swoon. (Day dreaming of it paired with comfy slate cardigans and distressed denim boyfriend jeans) I can just vision the heavens shining down a beam of light as we speak! While I steal her stylish stash, she sneakily creeps about my closet scouring for my crisp oxfords that I rarely wear nowadays... Texas heat kills me enough.

Enough of our style scopes. The true reason I posted about my mommy dearest is because it's a good idea to take some tips from your mother! Personally, even though my mom and I don't typically agree on everything each other picks out on the rack... we look each other for some inspiration. While I think her "PRIM, PROPER, AND PREDICTABLE" ensembles get a little on the boring side, I really love how she can make simplicity look so elegant and eternally classic. Likewise, while she naggs me about how I should dress in colors that enhance my olive skintone (ie Fuschias and Mustard Yellow), she always tells me she admires how simply effortless my style looks.

When I look for inspiration, I often sift through the hoards of buckets of old sepia tinted photos of my mom sunbathing in her cherry red bandeau bikini accented with Farrah Fawcett hair or the picture of her donning a white eyelet shift dress cinched at the waist.

So, here's my advice to you my fashion fiends... take some pointers from yo mama!
Love, Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome! I dig em*