Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh Miu Goodness!

Ok, so basically to everyone (if anyone for that matter) who reads my blog, I'll admit on this one that I went through a
"minor hump" in what will be from now on a long, blog-loving relationship! Scouts honor.

I'm a new woman (more like 19 year old college student, but doesn't really matter). It's time for a fresh start, don't you think?

So, 4th of July is coming up in a few days, and my friends and I decided to road trip to Austin for the weekend. Packing is never my strong point. While trying to rule out the "too hot for summer" wide legged jeans and "why the hell did I even buy this" lace tank with a hot pink zipper applique, I understood that this was going to need more strategy. I come to conclusion that I need to hunker down and pack a wholesome summer "survival kit", if you will, to stay alive in the fashion world outside my humble abode of Houston, Texas. I rummaged through my pathetically empty closet (winter clothes are stranded in storage at school). Hard life, I know. And I literally threw my wardrobe onto my floor. It formed a pile. Massive.

Inspiration-wise for the trip, I was channeling nautical parisian cool with a infusion of the American classics. I mean it is almost our country's Independence Day, so why the hell not?!

Photobucket
[Catherine Holstein]
Photobucket
[Julia Restoin Roitfeld]
Photobucket
[Victoria Beckham in Vogue]
Photobucket
[Isabel Marant]
Photobucket
[Valentino]
Photobucket
[Chloe wedges]

THE HOARDING LIST (not even a damper on the final list)
1) Navy/white body-con strapless dress... Check.
2) Frilly and bucket pastel skirts ... Obviously.
4) J. Crew cashmere cardis... Can't do without.
5) Woven brown belts and nude patent pumps... This isn't even an argument. (diggin' the whole longer leg look with the nude heels)

The "hauling" is still under works, but I have faith I'll manage to take another bag (just in case of emergency of course ;) )

Also, I came to a certain epiphany this afternoon while aimlessly stalking Facebook. Besides my realization that Facebook is as addicting as The Michael Jackson Cupcake from the cupcake trailer in ATX. (dark chocolate cake complimented with a decadent topping of cream cheese icing; hence the MJ), Net-a-Porter is an enviable straight-off-the-runway shopping paradiso! E Stupefacente! Trying to brush up on my Italian before Fall, no big ;)
I'll be the first one to admit, I wish I could impulsively buy the Christian Louboutin Clou Noeud 150 Studded Slingbacks. But let's face it, I'm a broke college student economically struggling due to nightly dinners and "window" shopping.

Exhibit A: Photobucket

Yet, on the mere bright side, a FINAL REDUCTION SALE is going on as I type. Net-a-Porter is taking off 50 to 70 percent off some glamourous merch! I can't pass this up, what am I kidding?! I go straight to the "Bag" link under sale and fall in a love struck trance. I kid you not.


Picture this: Miu Miu Croc- print leather shoulder bag. In turquoise.
Photobucket
Photobucket

It was almost as if some higher power said, "Ali, give up your "needed to be replaced a long time ago" brown Kenneth Cole studded hobo. You will be rewarded," Yes, in fact, rewarded with the perfect pop of color to every chic, simplistic outfit! It's versatile for day to night and can be worn with anything.
Picture this scenario: Walking into class with brown equestrian pants, tucked in cream silk tank, a pair of Chloe's 60s inspired wedges, and WHALAH.... the over the shoulder Miu Miu that could make even the the craziest unbelievers of fashion revel in jealousy.

Well, It's almost 2 AM here so I'm thinking about hitting the hay. I've ranted enough for one night. Guess it makes up for being lazy and not posting. I leave for Austin tomorrow in the afternoon. More fashion-ly focus, less Facebook prying. That's my goal of the weekend. Besides trying not to engorge in Gordough's doughnuts and Homeslice pizza. The death of me is near.

Love, Ali.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome! I dig em*